Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Worst songs ever!

I think this has got to be the complete worst song ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWtHEmVjVw8

I also went on google and found some pretty horrible songs, and some of them were actually on the top of charts at some point in time.

http://www.blender.com/guide/articles.aspx?id=786

It's pretty sad that the artist actually invested millions of dollars into making music videos for some of these songs.

If you look back on it some of the worst songs were in the 70's and 80's were people's taste in music was a bit off. The voice of artists singing were sometimes distorted beyond recognition and their singing was horrible, and don't even get me started on their music videos! I think we should just sort of try and forget some of the music and fashion from the 70's and 80's because it was pretty bad and I feel sorry for my parents who lived through it. However there was some very good and revolutionary artists and music that came from the 70's and 80's that set the stage for what we listen to today.

As for the song "Video Killed the Radio Star" I believe its the worst song ever because obviously the singer has no vocal talent whatsoever, and his voice is warped by 1970's voice distortion machines. Also some weird girl who sounds like she is about 12 years old is singing in the background, I mean, what is up with that? Really a good song would require good vocalization and a catchy beat within the song to keep everyone entertained.

Going back to my article about "The top 50 worst songs ever"
I looked at some of those songs and realized I used to listen to them back when I was a kid back in the mid 90's lol! How funny is that!? I do disagree with some of the song on the list, but some of them are pretty bad I must admit! I think Limp Bizkit should not be on the list at all! I do believe the song "We built this city" is probably one the worst songs ever! Anyways this list pretty much sums up some of the worst songs ever!

2 comments:

  1. "obviously the singer has no vocal talent whatsoever"

    I the genre of hip hop is defined by music of this nature, not to mention quite a few indy rock groups

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had to sing We Built This City in Fifth Grade in front of our parents! Talk about levels of hell!

    ReplyDelete