Friday, February 6, 2009

End of class this week! 2-6-09

I found it very interesting we actually had a huge ape come into our class and ask for some bananas! I would actually find it even funnier if the free hugs guy came into our class and gave the teacher a hug that would be pretty hilarious. Now as we are getting to about midterm in the class I am now sort of wondering what will be on the final? Would the bulk of the final be on all the books we are reading, or on something else? I am not quite too sure about it but I am sort of worried about it. Anyone else been thinking about it lately? Getting back to some of the topics in class I thought about how crazy that new thing invented by Microsoft was. This thing could take a whole bunch of pictures and combine them to make a 3-d representation of an object. Which did get me wondering and also a lot of the class, what would happen if maybe an image was distorted, or something was different in one of the images, would the computer just take the average of the images, or what would happen? Really it was funny going into Britney Spears and trying to imagine how that computer would render her. She has been hot, young, thin, normal, fat, really fat, pregnant, bald, natural, liposuctioned, had plastic surgery done, and pretty much everything, how would that instrument take Britney spears and sort of make a real life model of her? I guess it kind of makes me wonder, but I really do not want to see the outcome of it, because I'm guessing it could be really bad or just plain messed up. I think that machine would really enhance military, and give the military a good 3d outlook of an area just by pictures, which I believe probably, is already developed in the military in some form. If you actually added all the pictures taken in the world could you actually have a 3-d world set up? That really gets me wondering, and if you had a 3-D world could you when we get to this point in technology just upload everyone into that 3-D world? That really makes me wonder, maybe the next step in human evolution is to upload everyone into this so-called 3-D world, and give people like enhancements, like a game, and make them live out their lives normally, or maybe it could slow everything down, and make it seem like 1 minute is really like 100 years, and have people pretty much living forever. That is a pretty cool topic to think about, you could have people living for billions of years in their so-called world. Maybe that will be the future. That actually sounds pretty awesome if you ask me but I'm not sure. Is that actually what they did in the matrix? Or was it a virtual world inside a virtual world? I'm not really sure but what if you take people, put them inside this virtual world that makes 1 minute in real time seem like 100 years in virtual time and teach them a whole bunch of new things in this virtual world, and take them back out of the virtual world, they will come out with a large amount of knowledge acquired, lets say 100 years of knowledge in just one minute, and they would come back out as like a super smart human being, maybe that will be the future of education, who knows? What I can tell you is that would be pretty exciting being plugged into a machine for only 1 minute and have like 100 years of knowledge placed into me in that period of time. That why virtual reality sounds so interesting to me for some reason, and I bet that field is like going to explode here soon into a popular field of study. Anyways that machine is pretty tight and there could be enormous opportunities for us with technology. The truth is I believe people will probably end up evolving with machines because they are becoming a big part of our daily lives. Hopefully though as what was talked about in last lecture, they don't take us all over, and consider us the inferior race, having evolved from us. Going back to that not has anyone ever watched battlestar galactica, its pretty much the same thing we are talking about now with people vs. machines, and is a very exciting TV show that everyone should watch! Who knows what the future hold, hopefully it doesn’t become too unstable during my lifetime or that could be extremely bad.

1 comment: